2017 Uncork Urbana Wine Festival
Thank you to everyone who made it out to Uncork Urbana Wine Festival! We had a blast and we hope you did too! We hope to see you all next year for Uncork Urbana 2018! Stay tuned for more information.
2017 Participating Wineries
Congrats to Walnut Street Winery for being voted Uncork Urbana Wine Festival's 2017 Best Cellar! Also, a big congrats to all of our gift basket raffle winners!
Castle Finn Gift Basket: Lauren M.
Hopewell Winery Gift Basket: Regina S.
Kickapoo Creek Winery Gift Basket: Krista T.
Sleepy Creek Vineyards Gift Basket: Paul W.
Walnut Street Winery Gift Basket: Paula R.
Wyldewood Cellars Gift Basket: Jack W.
Vahling Vineyards Gift Basket: Helen D.
PEDAL PUB WINE TOUR
Congratulations to our Pedal Pub Wine Tour winner! Thank you to Illini Radio Group’s booth, Illini Pub Cycle, and Wyldewood Cellars Winery for providing the prizes!
2017 live entertainment
2017 participating Food Trucks
2017 mARKET at the Square
Chef Jordan Baldarotta’s deep appreciation for quality cuisine was developed at a young age helping his father with the secret family recipe for Spaghetti and Meatballs. He was exposed to a variety of Sicilian foods that would fuel his life long passion for cooking. He is a self-taught chef that enjoys the volume of creativity cooking provides him.
His Sicilian background has inspired many dishes that have been enjoyed by thousands. “Respect your ingredients”, is a quote that Baldarotta stands by when preparing a delicious meal.
Check out his amazing recipes below!
Summer Orzo Pasta Salad
• 1 Lb. of uncooked orzo
• 1 Lb. zucchini - halved lengthwise, charred on grill, and then cut into half moons
• ½ Cup of chopped red onion
• 2 Pints of golden cherry tomatoes - Cut in half, lengthwise
• 4 Cloves of garlic - Minced
• ½ Teaspoon of crushed red pepper
• ¼ Cup of white vinegar
• ½ Cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 3 Tablespoons of Sleepy Creek Vineyard Sourpuss Wine
• 1 Teaspoon of Dijon mustard
• 2 Tablespoons of chopped rosemary
• 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
• Juice of one lemon
• Kosher salt
• Cracked black pepper
Cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions. Drain and cool in an ice bath or running cold water. Add charred zucchini, red onion, golden cherry tomatoes, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
Make the vinaigrette. Add all ingredients of vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
Toss the orzo and veggies with the Lemon-Rosemary Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
1 Lb. Ground Chorizo
• 1 Large or 2 medium peeled and small diced SweetPotatoes
• Chopped 1/2 Red Onion
• Chopped 3 cloves of Garlic
• 1/2 Tsp of ground cumin
• 1 Tsp of dried oregano
• 1/4 Cup of Wyldewood Cellars Mead
• Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
• Chopped green garlic for garnish
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chorizo and cook until browned. Stirring and breaking up pieces of chorizo while cooking.
3. Scoop chorizo out with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Discard all but 2 tbsp of rendered fat.
4. Add diced sweet potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
5. Add red onion and cumin. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened and is becoming translucent. Stir occasionally so onion does not burn.
6. Add garlic and dried oregano and cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly.
7. De-glaze pan with Wyldewood Cellars Mead and scrape up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Let reduce by one third.
8. Add chorizo and let cook for another 3-4 minutes. Taste. Add salt and pepper if needed (the chorizo should add a lot of salt so you may not need to add anything else).
9. Serve in your favorite tortillas and garnish with chopped green garlic!
• 1 Pint of Strawberries - Washed, tops cut off, and diced
• ¼ Cup of Red Onion - Diced
• 2 Garlic Cloves - Minced
• ¼ Cup of Chopped Basil
• 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Tablespoon of White Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 Teaspoon of Light Brown Sugar
• Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
• Kosher Salt
• Cracked Black Pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add kosher salt and black pepper to taste. A pinch or two should be fine. Serve immediately on lightly toasted, sliced baguette. Top with shaved parmesan and fresh basil. Pairs nicely with a crisp, fruity moscato such as Lady Pearl from Wyldewood Cellars Winery!